International Early Childhood Center in Rome
I love the Forest School and playing with my friends!
Marymount International School Rome's Early Childhood Center (from ages 2-5) is an international preschool that offers an English-language teaching program that implements a child centered, play-based pedagogy that explicitly teaches international values. Based on the Early Years Learning principles, the curriculum content reflects the latest research on early childhood personal, social and emotional development with input from leading experts, academics, and teachers and highlights an appreciation for children's home languages and cultural identities.
The Early Childhood (2-3 year olds) children have two teachers and a teaching assistant, and EC1 (3-4 year olds) and EC2 (4-5 year olds) classes have one teacher and one teaching assistant per classroom.
The school week runs Monday through Friday, and the hours are: 8:30 am to 3:20 pm.
EC, EC1 and EC2 students have the option of registering for the daily Early Bird Club which runs between from 8:00 am to 8:30 am, and may also sign up for our Aftercare program which takes place daily from 3:20 pm - 4:40 pm.
Starting in EC2, children may participate in after school activities which run from 3:30pm - 4:45 pm and include such activities as soccer, swimming, arts and crafts, music and dance.
- What is the application process?
- When is the application deadline?
- What is the birthday cut off date for entry in Early Childhood?
- What is the school year?
- What are the school hours?
- What is the class size and student/teacher ratio?
- Where is the school situated in Rome?
- We're not ready to apply yet, how may I make an inquiry for further information?
- What is the settling-in/orientation period like?
- What is a typical schedule for EC, EC1 and EC2 classes?
- Do the children have nap time?
- Can my child participate in After School Activities?
- Does my child need to be toilet trained?
- Who may I contact if my child has allergies and/or special food requirements?
- What will my child be having for lunch?
- Is a uniform required?
- How much time will my child spend outdoors?
- Can my child take the bus to School?